Thursday, April 11, 2013

Air Pollution Issues now clearer to me!

Rizal PHL |  April 11, 2013

My father died of cancer of the throat from cigarette smoking in l985.  I have seen wives of friends die of cancer from second smoke of husbands.  And I have seen friends of children die suddenly of  cancer because they were smokers.  Other did not have cancer of the respiratory tract but elsewhere.

Now everything is crystal clear to me why smoking and or air pollution is deadly/lethal??!

After reading the Mercola post on metallic nano particles in electronic cigarette, the spike in cardiac deaths after exposure to PM 2.5, the 6 million annual deaths from pollution (in 2012 as reported by WHO) the issues of air pollution and health became crystal clear/HD to me.

Before, I was riding along with the issue as cute, as faddish, as trending advocacy issue which we/must join.  But the risk, the ever present deadly danger from pollution, smoke makes me quiver.

The nano particles from air pollution/smoking (PM 2.5) easily lodge into the lungs, attaches to the red blood corpuscles, attaches to the other organs tissues, which cause permanent inflammation and irritation that can lead to:  cancer or heart disease, or even infection.


No comments:

Post a Comment