Saturday, April 27, 2013

How to catch smoke belchers?

Rizal, PHL    April 27, 2013

I have been trying to find out how come the skies above Manila appear rust colored while  I find it difficult to get a good picture of a smoke belcher.  At daytime, there seems to be very few smoke belchers.  Maybe they do not jam their accelerators and have engines rev up only to 2,000.

However, as I was requested to drive tonight, (I had to fetch somebody from afar and there was no driver available I discovered something  - 90% of vehicles, when their exhaust are viewed with headlights emit smoke.  Lots of them.  Especially when there is traffic and engines are idling.

As there was traffic, I could make a wild guess of the stats:

tricycles  -   all of them emit excessive smoke

jeepneys  -   all them

Some brands are smoke (usok) prone  -  Is Usok, f Usok, Mit Usok.  Ha 5.   Can you guess?

(Please comment on the correct brands or manufacturers mentioned here)

No comments:

Post a Comment