Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Fighting or playing with fire (and air pollution) increases risk for cancer?

I saw articles about firefighters being concerned with rising incidence of high rate of breast cancer among female SF firefighters.  I know that males are victims too

We can only conclude that exposure to fumes (PM 10 and PM 2.5) is the culprit.

I know of a wife of a friend who got breast cancer because her business is cooking viands for neighbors.  I am sure she is exposed to fumes.  I know of someone who sells barbecues for  living and now has leukemia and so on.

If you are exposed to soot, smoke or fire, fighting or playing with fire, be careful...

From before its news - air pollution tied to breast cancer 

From Science Daily - air pollution linked to breast cancer 

From Rodale 

No comments:

Post a Comment